Tuesday 20 July 2010

His Mouth Is Moving, But Listen To The Funny Sound He Makes...

Have you ever stopped to listen to yourself and wondered 'What in all hell am I talking about?'...
I'm pretty sure we are all guilty of this insecure little moment from time to time... BUT... I have noticed it more recently than ever.
I'm not an insecure person... In fact I'm a pretty well rounded-secure-type-thingumy-bob... BUT (this is the second BUT of this blog)... I've noticed recently how many people talk and talk and talk and have nothing interesting to say. 
This got me thinking... I'm not the high and mighty type, which led me to speculate that if other people talk and talk but only of inane things... maybe I do it too!?!?!?
I really hate the thought of being perceived as boring or inane but the likeliness stands that if you notice lots of inane conversationalists around you... you're probably pretty close.... WAHH?? 


Some recent highlights include: 
          "The show's good but it's much better now that Nick Jonas is in it!" (a crazy fan at the Les Miserable stage door)
          "That's great but what do you do for a real job?" (Juliet the New Zealander questioning my cast about their acting careers)
          "I'm not bothering anyone... It's just a cigarette!" (Woman being thrown out for smoking in the aisles of a Tesco Metro)
          "GOD HATES LADY GAGA!!!" (Westboro Babtist Church)


Doesn't it make you wonder? I can easily look at these ridiculous people and laugh at their pathetic pointlessness... BUT (that's number three)... What if we're all the same?
I guess a certain amount of insecurity is good for all and everyone. Obnoxious arrogance after all is something no one desires to possess. As a species, we humans (particularly westerners) tend to have wild delusions of grandeur in most walks of life and, to a degree, believe the world revolves around us. It would be marvellous if this were true but I think not... I fear that our western problems and life hurdles are, for the most part, unfounded and insignificant.
What a to do!? I need to spend less time talking and worrying and far more time learning and listening!


Here's to fearing pointlessness
x

No comments: